Using GUFaculty360

Q: How do I update my CV?

A: Go to "Manage Personal Information." Your existing CV should be available for download on this page. To upload a new one, you will need to delete the existing one, by clicking on the "x" next to download, to see the interface for uploading a new one. We are working on making this a more intuitive process. See screenshot for detailed step-by-step instructions.

Q: Will there be training sessions on GUFaculty360?

A: Yes! You can sign up online here.

Q: I’m using Firefox and it doesn’t work the way the Job Aids say it does.

A: There are known issues with Firefox and Internet Explorer/Edge. Please switch to a different browser (Chrome or Safari) and please let us know if you are still having issues.

Q: Why is my education information incorrect? It was fine in Explore.

A: In order to ensure we have the most up to date information, key information is being integrated from the Systems of Record, such as Banner or GMS. Your education information comes from GMS, and will need to be updated in GMS instead of GUFaculty360. If you find data that is correct in GMS but incorrect in GUFaculty360 please contact GU360Help@georgetown.edu with details on the data that needs to be corrected so that we may troubleshoot.

Q: I entered a DOI or ISBN number and an unfamiliar title auto-populated. Why?

A: For ISBN you should not use any dashes or special characters. The databases are not always accurate, so while this is a time saver, the auto-entry feature does require validation, particularly for older publications.

Q: I have no advisees on my Dashboard. Why Not?

A: Currently we are only able to “pull” advisees from Banner by term. Thus, if you have no advisees assigned for Summer, nothing will display on your Dashboard until they are loaded in Banner for Fall. We are working on a better solution.

Q: Why is the system so slow?

A: The system is slow to load publications if you have many of them. There are also a few other pages that are slow to load. We are working on improving that experience.

Q: My information is wrong; the system doesn’t work the way I would expect it to. Who do I contact?

A: Please contact GU360Help@georgetown.edu with any issues. It would be helpful if you can let us know what browser or operating system you are using and describe in detail the issue you are having. We are committed to an excellent user experience and want your feedback so that we can continually improve the system.

Q: Can I pull information from my own website, Google Scholar, LinkedIn, PubMed, ORCID or other sites where I already maintain a profile?

A: In future phases we will be working on integrations. In the meantime we encourage you to add links on your profile to any external pages you think are important.

Q: My expertise/language is not available to populate. How do I get it added?

A: Please contact GU360Help@georgetown.edu with your requested add. We will check for any duplicates and work with you to add additional information.

Q: Why can’t I edit certain information in GU360, for example my education, office location or appointment information?

A: Some of the information comes from the System of Record, either GMS or Banner. To ensure synchronization of changes, we ask that you change information in GMS directly, contact your HR Representative or, in the case of class/roster information, please contact us GU360Help@georgetown.edu and we will work with the Office of the Registrar to correct information.

Q: Most of my data is there but all of my mentoring is missing.

A: If you requested assistance with populating your profile, we are working on adding mentoring and will notify you when your profile is complete.

Q: Most of my data is there but there is some data missing or in the wrong places.

A: Please email GU360Help@georgetown.edu with corrections or if you would prefer to correct yourself, please email us and we can show you how.

Q: Some of the titles on my publications don’t match my CV

A: In cases where we found the DOI or link to the publication on line, we went with the official title in the DOI database (assuming date, publication and authors all matched).

Q: I had URLs in my CV that aren’t here

A: In cases where there was a broken link, we tried to find the correct link. If we couldn’t find a working link, we removed it.

Q: How do I set privacy?

A: Each subsection contains the following icons:

•   The globe represents “public” access, meaning any visitor to GUFaculty360 can see this information.
  •   The mortarboard indicates “Georgetown Only” access, meaning only users logged in via the NetID can see this information.
  •   The silhouetted individual represents “private” visibility, meaning this data is only viewable by you, delegates with access to make changes on your behalf or administrators overseeing the data in GUFaculty360.

Q: I asked to have my information updated but it’s still out of date. When will it be updated?

A: If you submitted information to the GU360 team to update, we are updating now and will notify you when it is ready for you to review, but it will be in plenty of time before we go public.

Q: I am an adjunct professor/emeritus, do I have a profile?

A: If you are an active faculty member or Emeritus in GMS, you will automatically have a profile created with basic information from GMS (and Explore data if you had a profile in Explore).

Profile Editing Delegation

Q: How do I delegate someone to update my profile for me?

A: Please email GU360help@georgetown.edu to grant permissions. Emails went out to all faculty with known delegates in June to verify continued delegation, you can simply respond to that or send us a new email. This is necessary because GUFaculty360 contains more information than Explore and provide options for privacy settings at the discretion of the individual faculty member.

Q: I have private administrative assistance that is not a Georgetown staff member, can I designate him/her as a delegate?

A: Licensing is required to maintain your profile on your behalf so we would like to limit delegates to active Georgetown employees with NetIDs. Please contact us at GU360Help@georgetown.edu and we will see what we can do.

Q: I have been managing profiles for faculty members for years, why do I need authorization now?

A: GUFaculty360 contains more information than Explore and provide options for privacy settings at the discretion of the individual faculty member. It is designed for self service but there is an option for delegated authority upon request.

Q: I don’t have any administrative assistance and want help with updating my profile. Who can help me?

A: The system is designed to be easy to use and has new features such as auto-population of publications based on ISBN or DOI numbers. But UIS is committed to assisting Georgetown’s Faculty members so if you need/want help updating your profile, please contact GU360Help@georgetown.edu.

Explore Related Questions

Q: What is the process to migrate faculty data from Explore to GUFaculty360?

A: All of your profile information that is currently in Explore has been automatically converted. If there are issues with your information you can correct it directly in GUFaculty360 or contact GU360Help@georgetown.edu.

Q: How will the migration affect the course descriptions that are currently in Explore?

A: All course descriptions in Explore as of May 31, 2017 have been automatically converted into GUFaculty360. Over the Summer we will be working with the Office of the Registrar to move course descriptions into Banner. If you have questions about this process please contact Aaron Swartz at Aaron.Swartz@georgetown.edu. If you need to update information immediately please contact GU360Help@georgetown.edu.

Q: How will the migration affect departmental websites, in particular when faculty names are links that point to faculty member's Explore profiles?

A: There should be no impact as we will not publicly launch GUFaculty360 until September. Until that time Explore will still be available in view-only mode. Once we go public with GUFaculty360 we will automatically redirect the current URL from Explore to GUFaculty360.

Q: Would it be possible to migrate faculty data from Explore to GUFaculty360 over the summer, even if the faculty members are away?

A: Data that is currently in Explore has been automatically migrated. Prior to public launch in September we will be contacting Faculty members to review and approve their profiles. If you have delegated authority to a GU staff member to maintain your profile, he/she will be granted access upon that faculty member’s authorization and may edit and update his/her profile over the summer.